Generating ThornLists from Parameter Files
Information on using a ThornList for checking out thorns including a description of CVS directives in available in the Management-HOWTO.
To install the MakeThornList script:
- Write a Master ThornList containing all the thorns you have access to, along with directives for their CVS locations. As an example, here is my master thornlist.
- Create a directory .cactus in your home directory.
- Add your Master ThornList to the .cactus directory, as the file MasterThornList.
- Download the MakeThornList script to a directory on your path.
- Keep your master thornlist up to date by adding and removing thorns as they become available to you.
To use the MakeThornList script
To generate a ThornList MyRun.th for the
parameter file MyRun.par simply issue the command
MakeThornList -o=MyRun.th MyRun.par
Then checkout Cactus using