[Developers] fortran PROVIDES FUNCTION example?

Mark Miller mamiller at cyga.jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jan 16 10:53:36 CST 2004

Cactus folks,

In trying to get my code ported to the latest-greatest development
version (I have not updated by development version of cactus
since sometime last fall), I find that thorn dependancies have been
tightened in some way.  If I have a fortran routine in thornA which
I try to call in thornB, I get an undefined reference at link time.
I assume that one has to use the PROVIDES FUNCTION capabilities?
Is this correct?  Is there any example in cactus-proper of providing
fortran functions?  I can't seem to find any.  Or is there some
other preferred mechanism/example of how one can provide fortran
functions between thorns?

I didn't find anything in the usersguide, but it is there and I missed
it, let me know.

Thanks,

-Mark

Mark Miller
Jet Propulsion Laboratory 238-332
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, CA  91109
E-mail: Mark.A.Miller at jpl.nasa.gov
office phone: (818) 393-2657, fax: (818) 393-6890