[Developers] Not overriding the user's F77 specification

Jonathan Thornburg jthorn at aei.mpg.de
Tue Jan 20 04:36:23 CST 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Tom Goodale wrote:
> If we do that, we should run the symbol name detector on both and stop on
> an error if the F77 and F90 compilers use different naming schemes.

Why would we need to stop?  Why not use the F77 mangling when calling
F77 routines from C/C++ and the F90 mangling when calling F90 routines
from C/C++?  Granted, having F77 call F90 or vice versa probably wouldn't
work, but being able to get between the C/C++ an Fortran "universes"
would I think still be useful.  Or am I missing something obvious...?

ciao,

--
-- Jonathan Thornburg <jthorn at aei.mpg.de>
   Max-Planck-Institut fuer Gravitationsphysik (Albert-Einstein-Institut),