[Developers] Hyperslab_DefineGlobalMappingByIndex Identifier length too long?

Mark Miller mamiller at cyga.jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jan 20 09:27:05 CST 2004

Cactus folks,

I've been trying to compile Cactus on the O2K here at JPL.  The
F90 compiler version is MIPSpro Compilers: Version 7.41.  It complains
that identifier Hyperslab_DefineGlobalMappingByIndex is too long:  it
only accepts 31 or less characters:

      external Hyperslab_DefineGlobalMappingByIndex
               ^
f90-67 f90: ERROR CALC_QUASI_EQUIL_CONFIG, File =
/u2/mamiller/Cactus_beta13/configs/cth/build/Quasi_Equil/calc_quasi_equil_config.f,
Line = 446, Column = 16
  Identifier length exceeds the maximum of 31 characters.

Does anyone know of a quick fix for this (i.e. compiler option or
something like that)? If there is not a quick fix,
I'd be willing to implement a suggested and Cactus-acceptable fix that
would go back into PUGHSlab (perhaps a name change that would put it
under 31 characters?).

-Mark

Mark Miller
Jet Propulsion Laboratory 238-332
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, CA  91109
E-mail: Mark.A.Miller at jpl.nasa.gov
office phone: (818) 393-2657, fax: (818) 393-6890