[Developers] fortran PROVIDES FUNCTION example?

Mark Miller mamiller at cyga.jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jan 21 15:29:42 CST 2004

Hi Erik,

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Erik Schnetter wrote:

> Direct calling between thorns is deprecated; try to use aliased
> functions for that.

Right.  I've been aliasing all of my inter-thorn function calls.
However, with the CactusEOS thorns, there are arguments like

int EOS_RegisterMethod(const char *name)

It is not clear to me that Cactus supports strings/chararrays/Fortran
with aliased functions.  Is there an example where this is done?

> If you must, you can create a file "configuration.ccl" in the thorn A
> directory with an entry
> REQUIRES THORNS: thornB
> which will force thorn B's library to be located after thorn A's,
> removing the linker error.

This is a fix, but a temporary one, right?  Or is this functionality
here to stay?

-Mark

Mark Miller
Jet Propulsion Laboratory 238-332
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, CA  91109
E-mail: Mark.A.Miller at jpl.nasa.gov
office phone: (818) 393-2657, fax: (818) 393-6890