[Developers] PUGH's periodic boundaries

Erik Schnetter schnetter at aei.mpg.de
Sat Apr 16 12:12:20 CDT 2005

When PUGH's periodic boundaries are used, then neither cctk_bbox nor the
information in thorn SymBase indicates that the corresponding grid
points already have a boundary condition.  Consequently, thorn Boundary
will apply its boundary condition there.  (See PR 483; this caught my
eye again when running the Mexico tests, which make heavy use of
periodic boundary conditions.)

There are two possible solutions: One, make PUGH set cctk_bbox to 0 for
periodic boundaries, and two, make PUGH register the periodic
boundaries with SymBase.  I tend towards the first solution.

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at aei.mpg.de>   http://www.aei.mpg.de/~eschnett/