[Developers] patch for fallback in CactusBase/IOUtils

Frank Loeffler frank.loeffler at aei.mpg.de
Tue Apr 19 04:20:08 CDT 2005

Hi,

I wrote a small patch which changes the default behaviour of IOUtils (1D
and 2D output) in the case that the specified slices (default to the
axes/axes planes) are not within the computational domain.

The current behaiviour is to take index 0 in that direction.

This patch changes this to the index of the center of the box in this
direction. This can be changed back to the old behaviour using
parameters for 1D and 2D output. (out_[12d]_fallback_method)

Before I ask to include this patch in Cactus I want to know your
opinions about it:

1) Do you care about this at all? (It is only changing the fallback.)
2) What do you prefer for default:
   a. the old behaviour (zero)
   b. the new behaviour (center)
3) Are there any things that I missed? (coding style, bugs ect.)

ciao, Frank