[Developers] patch for fallback in CactusBase/IOUtils

Frank Loeffler frank.loeffler at aei.mpg.de
Tue Apr 19 07:05:27 CDT 2005

Hi,

Jonathan Thornburg wrote:
> Ok, good point.  I was thinking more of cases like
>     grid points located at 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, ..., 4.0
> and I ask for 1.25 -- I'd like to get either 1.2 or 1.3, not 1.0.

Ah, I should have the following more clear: The patch only changes the
behaviour if the specified slice is not inside the computational domain.

In your example this is not the case and you should get what you want.
however if you would not specify a slice (and the default is 0.0), I
would like to get 2.5 (in your example). Even in the case of the closest
slice there whould be the question whether to take the really closest
(1.0 in the example) or the closest, that is not inside the ghost zone
(1.0+0.1*ghost_size).

Frank