[Developers] patches to lib/sbin and lib/make

Erik Schnetter schnetter at aei.mpg.de
Tue Apr 19 17:21:57 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 19 April 2005 23:28, Yaakoub wrote:
> Greetings
> The following patches fix a lot of bug reports that will be changed
> once the patch is confirmed and applied.

That's cool!

> New configuration.ccl parsing and bindings are implemented.
>
> Cyclic dependencies for configuration (require) and cyclic
> dependencies for interface(inherits) are now detected and displayed,
> eg:
>
> CST error 1:
>    -> Found a cyclic dependancy in configuration
> requirements:RINGO->PAUL->RINGO
>
> Inheritance now is included in the topological sorting for the
> linklist.

I'm sure that someone requested this from you, so I'm asking not you but
in general: Why should that be necessary?

> Interface checking is now more powerful, detecting identical
> variable/group names from inheritance.

I checked that patch before, and I found it very useful for finding
duplicate variable names.  I'm asking myself whether duplicate group
names should be allowed.  Group names never appear solitary; they are
always prefixed with the thorn name in which they are declared, and
thus there would be no ambiguity.  I guess that's a design decision
that we have to take here, taking into account that this change will
break FlexBSSN.

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at aei.mpg.de>   http://www.aei.mpg.de/~eschnett/