[Developers] gmake ThornGuide without config

Steve White swhite at aei.mpg.de
Tue Apr 19 17:58:36 CDT 2005

This turned out to be a big mess.  There is a problem with the
documentation system.

For more than one reason, I often put symlinks in the arrangements
directory.  The documentation system ignores such symlinks.

Jonathan and I looked at it, and we found that he has a similar problem.
He makes thorn directories within arrangements to be symlinks. This makes
the documentation system complain and die.

I've looked at the code (in lib/sbin) and it's wrong anyway--all this
piping to 'ls' should be done with Perl opendir calls.

I have seen several bugs in the doc system now (without even looking, I
swear.  I just wanted to skim through the damned guide.)  Some of them
have to do with symlinks and some are bugs of other kinds.  I'm
considering what to do...attempt fixes, or just make a swarm of bug
reports.

Sorry about getting so confused before.  Sorry in advance for getting
confused later.

Steve White : Programmer
Max-Planck-Institut für Gravitationsphysik      Albert-Einstein-Institut
Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Golm, Germany                  +49-331-567-7625