[Developers] CactusExternal/HDF5 is dangerous

Erik Schnetter schnetter at aei.mpg.de
Fri Apr 29 15:04:43 CDT 2005

On Friday 29 April 2005 20:01, Thomas Radke wrote:
> You don't need to do this yourself in your thorn's configuration.ccl.
> It's done automagically by the CST (Tom, please correct me if I'm
> explaining your code wrong).

At CST time, I see the messages

Running configuration script
'/home/eschnett/Calpha/Cactus/arrangements/CactusExternal/HDF5/hdf5.sh'
  HDF5 selected but no HDF5_DIR set. Checking some places...
  Found an HDF5 package in /usr
  Found parallel HDF5 library, so Cactus will potentially make use of
parallel HDF5 support.

That does not sound like "HDF5 directory setting is remembered".

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at aei.mpg.de>   http://www.aei.mpg.de/~eschnett/