[Developers] Re: [Cactuseinstein-cvs] DEVELOPMENT CVS "CactusEinstein/IDAxiBrillBH/src IDAxiBrillBH.F"

Tom Goodale goodale at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Oct 4 14:12:04 CDT 2005

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Erik Schnetter wrote:

> Since configuring the cpp for Fortan is always a pain, and since all source
> code has to work with the perl cpp anyway, and since the perl cpp works on
> any platform, couldn't we just use the perl cpp in all cases?  We could
> either make it the default, or even remove the corresponding configuration
> options.  That would solve this problem once and for all, and would also
> avoid our discussion regarding token concatenation.
>
> Improvements to the perl cpp (evaluating expressions in #if) can come later.

I'd prefer not to force people to use the perl CPP - it's for when there
is no decent alternative, or for generating dependencies on machines where
there is no other way.  It is a lot slower than a C version.  Generally,
there is no problem, apart from single quotes, and the gcc in non
traditional mode.

Tom