[Developers] Known architecture file for Darwin 8.2.0

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Oct 7 17:06:26 CDT 2005

Make Cactus configure automatically correctly on Darwin 8.2.0.  This
architecture is very similar to 8.1.0, but there are a few crucial
changes:

(1) Add the compiler flag "-mlongcall" for GCC.  This is necessary
for executables larger than 32 MB; otherwise there is a linker error.
(2) Support gfortran.
(3) Determine the GCC compiler versions differently -- the existing
flag "-version" did not work for me, I think it has to be "--version"
instead.
(4) Do not look for "/usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.3" when deciding for the
CPP, instead look at whether the compiler is GCC.

I don't know what the option "-no-cpp-precomp" is about, but I left
it in.  I don't need it, but maybe other people do.

These changes concern all Darwin architectures.  If there are other
Darwin users, they should test this patch, as it may potentially
break their system.

multipart/mixed
  application/octet-stream
  application/octet-stream