[Developers] Nightly build tests

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Jul 26 07:06:57 CDT 2006

We discussed nightly Cactus build tests some time ago.  I run such
tests for our numerical relativity group.  The tests check out
Cactus, Carpet, and our relativity thorns from scratch, build it, and
run all test cases.

Results are available on the machines catbert.cct.lsu.edu in the
file /home/eschnett/nightly-cactus-builds/out-catbert.html and on
peyote.aei.mpg.de in the file /data1/eschnett/nightly-cactus-builds/
out-peyote.aei.mpg.de.html.  Since the tests test thorns that are not
public, the test results are also not public.  I attach an
abbreviated version of today's results from Peyote as example.

I will be happy to share the setup, scripts, mechanisms, and my
experience with others who want to set up a similar system.  Obvious
extensions include keeping statistics of failing test cases or
thorns, alerting thorn maintainers or CVS committers automatically,
making the results available via http on protected web pages, or
providing links to thorn descriptions, documentation, download
instructions, and bug tracking systems.