[Developers] [Patches] Make ADMConstraints GF public

Luca Baiotti baiotti at aei.mpg.de
Tue Sep 5 06:53:35 CDT 2006

Hi Erik, Tom and Steve,

Erik Schnetter wrote:
> On Aug 31, 2006, at 07:26:58, Steve White wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried running the testsuites before and after applying the patch.
>> I compiled in all the distro thorns I could (-= SDF, PETC, LAPACK etc)
>>
>> Find attached the results.
>>
>> With and without Franks patch 34 tests and 34 fail.
>>
>> Unfortunately the results are slightly different.
>> On the other hand, there are just more error messages
>> before the patch than after.
>>
>> This test seems to fail in somewhat different ways in the two cases
>>     test_ADM_4
>>
>> I'm kind of in a rush, so it's hard for me to judge.
>>
>> What's the call?
>

> I get very different test suite results without this patch.  For
> example, all the ADMConstraints test cases succeed for me.  This is
> from today's nightly build test, which checks out Cactus freshly from  CVS.

I also find that the testsuites work, with and without this patch.
Actually the testsuite

ADMConstraints_Physical.par

formally fails with and without this patch, but the relative difference
in the three "wrong" points is at most 3.38130743533453e-15 and so I
would consider the results good. Erik, does this happens to you as well?
If so, could the updated testsuite comparison data file (ham_sum.xg)
also be updated in the repository?

If this issue is settled, could we finally have Frank's patch committed?

(By the way, in a different email thread, Erik mentioned that someone
has been trying to use the ADMConstraint variables during evolution. How
was this possible if the ADMConstraint variables are all private? Which
is what Frank's patch is trying to change.)

Ciao,

Luca.