[Developers] [Patches] Make ADMConstraints GF public

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Sep 18 09:56:56 CDT 2006

On Sep 18, 2006, at 01:14:49, Luca Baiotti wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what about comparing the numbers in the data character by character
> and
> checking whether only the rightmost character (or the two rightmost
> ones) differ by at most a unit, while all the others are identical?

In that case, the numbers

	0.000000000000123
	0.000000000000456

would compare different.  However, if these are constraint
violations, they should be treated as equal.

This idea is essentially a relative error, just in disguise.
However, we need to include an absolute error, such that small
numbers like these can be compared meaningfully.