[Developers] [Patches] Make ADMConstraints GF public

Jonathan Thornburg jthorn at aei.mpg.de
Mon Sep 18 14:19:04 CDT 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, Luca Baiotti wrote:
> On Sep 18, 2006 03:34 PM, Frank Loeffler <frank.loeffler at aei.mpg.de>
> wrote:
> > Luca Baiotti wrote:
> > > Surely comparing numbers is more elegant. Anyway, in order to treat
> > > the
> > > given counterexample, one could check the rightmost character - as I
> > > wrote - and if this characters from the two files are "0" and "9",
> > > then
> >
> > What about "1.e05" and "1.e04" then? Wouldn't they count as roundoff
> > error with this check?
>
> OK, then one could treat differently characters at the right and at the
> left of "e"...

This scheme seems to be trying to reinvent the operation   x-y   in
floating-point arithmetic.  I would prefer my proposal of
  http://www.cactuscode.org/old/pipermail/developers/2006-September/005086.html

ciao,

--
-- Jonathan Thornburg <jthorn at aei.mpg.de>
   Max-Planck-Institut fuer Gravitationsphysik (Albert-Einstein-Institut),