[Developers] reduction on sphere

Tom Goodale goodale at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Sep 26 12:19:23 CDT 2006

Note that you can also interpolate to a 2-d function array or Grid Array
and then do reduction on that as another possible way to do what you want,
which might make the coding easier - you wouldn't have to manually work
out which grid points are actually on the surface of the sphere and make a
mask - you could just generate coordinates on the sphere and get values
from the interpolator for them and then reduce reduce.

Cheers,

Tom