[Developers] help

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Sat Sep 30 16:27:23 CDT 2006

On Sep 28, 2006, at 01:33:32, jtao at cct.lsu.edu wrote:

> As Erik pointed out in his email, each processor will read its own
> data and
> output its own result. I don't think there is anyway to go around
> this on the
> user's level.

Cactus offers a hyperslabbing API, which transfers chunks of arrays
between processors.  If the users' guide is too cryptic, then we
could use a blackboard to clarify things.

> Just to get things started, I output the chunk for each processor
> labeled by result_Procxxx.dat.

Cactus offers several I/O thorns that can output data in standard
formats, such as ASCII and HDF5.  However, if you need your own
special format, then writing the data yourself as you did is often
the easiest way.