[Developers] 'Cactus' to be renamed

Tom Goodale goodale at cct.lsu.edu
Sun Apr 1 03:43:25 CDT 2007

Hi,

in order to be more botanically correct with the term 'thorn' we are
renaming 'Cactus' to 'Rose'.  The changes will be made over the next few
weeks, with CCTK_ functions being replace by RCTK_, the repositories
moving to cvs.rosecode.org, etc.

As some of you will appreciate this might cause confusion and licensing
issues with the 'Rational Rose' UML authoring software.  In order to avoid
these problems IBM have kindly donated the Rose trademarks and copyrights
to us and 'Rational Rose' will now be renamed 'Contemplative Cactus'.

We, the Cactus - Rose from this date - authors, are sure that you will be
much happier with the new, botanically correct, nomenclature.

Cheers,

Tom