[Developers] question about Cactus scheduler

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Sat Apr 14 07:26:56 CDT 2007

On Apr 13, 2007, at 14:36:55, jtao at cct.lsu.edu wrote:

> I noticed that MoL_DecrementCounter is scheduled
> "IN MoL_Step AFTER MoL_Step". I am just curious if that
> is a legal statement in Cactus. If it is, what does that mean ?
>
> schedule MoL_DecrementCounter IN MoL_Step AFTER MoL_Step BEFORE
> MoL_PostStep
> {
>    LANG: C
> } "Decrement the counter number"

Yes, this is legal, although the AFTER statement is meaningless in
this case.  If a schedule item mentioned in a BEFORE or AFTER clause
is not present, then this clause is ignored.  This is necessary to
handle the case where a thorn may or may not be active, and the
schedule must be restricted only if the thorn is active.