[Developers] IO::recover = autoprobe

Luca Baiotti baiotti at ea.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Mon Dec 17 20:38:37 CST 2007

Hi,

I have used (by mistake) the following settings:

IO::recover                             = autoprobe
IO::recover_dir                         = "checkpoint"
IO::recover_file                        = "checkpoint.chkpt.it_83200"

while I should have used

IO::recover                             = manual

However, what should be the behaviour in this case? I think it should
check whether the specified checkpoint file exist and, in case the
checkpoint file was found, recover from it or, otherwise, start from
initial data. But I have experienced a different behaviour, namely that
the run started from initial data, even if the checkpoint file existed
in the specified directory.

Could some developer please check?

Ciao

Luca