[Developers] should we document that CCTK_MyProc(NULL) works?

Jonathan Thornburg jthorn at aei.mpg.de
Fri Jan 12 11:08:16 CST 2007

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Tom Goodale wrote:
> The only problem is that in principle drivers could be using a different
> processor mapping - e.g. when using MPI the driver could use a different
> communicator - which would give a different result with NULL than with a
> cGH, so I would prefer to not document that NULL is acceptable.  It is
> only used in the flesh in extreme cases, which are mainly before a driver
> has been initialised.

It may also be of use in thorn code, though.
For example, I am currently using it for some debug code in
AEIThorns/AEILocalInterp (which is not passed a GH pointer), which
wants to generate a distinct file name for each processor so it can
log some debugging information.

ciao,

--
-- Jonathan Thornburg <jthorn at aei.mpg.de>
   Max-Planck-Institut fuer Gravitationsphysik (Albert-Einstein-Institut),