[Developers] Patch: Call MPI_Finalize from the flesh

schnetter at cct.lsu.edu schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Jan 12 21:17:24 CST 2007

> Number:         2077
> Notify-List:
> Category:       Cactus
> Synopsis:       Patch: Call MPI_Finalize from the flesh
> Confidential:   no
> Severity:       serious
MPI_Finalize should be called from CCTKi_ShutdownCactus, not from
CactusDefaultShutdown.  After CactusDefaultShutdown has been called,
the flesh still outputs schedule timing statistics.  This is against
the MPI standard, which states that this may not work -- essentially,
nothing "interesting" can be done after calling MPI_Finalize.  The
routine CCTKi_ShutdownCactus is called later.
> How-To-Repeat:
> Fix:
Unknown