[Developers] support gnu C/C++ compilers in cygwin

David Rideout dprideout at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 10:16:53 CST 2007

Lydia Philpott has found that Cactus does not build on a fresh default
checkout of cygwin, even with this revised known-architectures file.
The make that ships with the current version of cygwin is broken,
yielding errors regarding "multiple target patterns".  She found a
solution at https://projects.coin-or.org/BuildTools/wiki/current-issues.
 Additionally she had to add latex packages to get the ThornGuide to
build.

Perhaps we should have a cygwin FAQ?

Cheers,
David