[Developers] Bugs ??

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Jun 15 17:28:45 CDT 2007

On Jun 15, 2007, at 17:19:45, claudio at das.inpe.br wrote:

> /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.1.2/../../../../x86_64-suse-
> linux/bin/ld:
> skipping incompatible
> /home/claudiob/DOUTORADO/CACTUS/Cactus/configs/
> Bench_BSSN_PUGH_single/lib/libthorn_BSSN_MoL.a
> when searching for -lthorn_BSSN_MoL

Hi Claudio,

an incompatible library looks as if the different compilers you used
(for C and Fortran) are maybe incompatible.  It could e.g. be that
one of them was set to produce 32 bit code, while the other produced
64 bit code.

What compilers are used etc. is printed to the screen when you
configure.  Also, if you pass the option "SILENT=no" to make, you see
what commands are invoked to build the libraries.  Can you post the
relevant output here?

If you change your configuration options, it can also be that the
build is in an inconsistent state.  A "make Bench_BSSN_PUGH_single-
realclean" should remedy this.