[Developers] ifndef in DXYDG_guts.h

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Mar 14 08:36:32 CST 2007

On Mar 14, 2007, at 09:20:01, Erik Schnetter wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2007, at 18:05:01, jtao at cct.lsu.edu wrote:
>
>> I am also concerned about the usage of the spatial order
>> parameter in the loops. Shouldn't it be better to define the
>> order of spatial derivatives with a macro and keep the same
>> interface for all the derivatives ? Conditional statments
>> will not appear in the loops and it is still easy to
>> go to other orders.

I have heard that Penn State uses Kranc <http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/
Research/Kranc/> to generate code automatically.  I have heard that
they generate different routines for each spatial differencing
order.  This still allows switching at run time (since several
routines are present), but allows each routine to be optimised
independently.