[Developers] memory error in src/main/Parameter.c's GetBaseName()

David Rideout dprideout at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 14:35:17 CST 2008

Hi,

I have a code which runs fine in serial, but seg faults while freeing
grid arrays when run in parallel.  When I run it with memory checking
in ddt, it shows an error at the malloc() call in GetBaseName()
(src/main/Parameters.c line 2374):

Processes 0-1:
Memory error detected: "a previous write overwrote the reserved memory
after the end of a memory allocation"

This call to GetBaseName() arises from a call to CCTK_ParameterData()
during BASEGRID, to get the size of an array parameter.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
David