[Developers] Update to IOUtil_ParseVarsForOutput

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Dec 4 21:54:36 CST 2009

I have just updated the API for the function IOUtil_ParseVarsForOutput in the development version of Cactus.

This function is used by I/O thorns to determine which variables should be output.  It also parses additional per-variable output options for each variable.  This change adds a new such option "out_dt", which allows setting the output interval based on simulation time, not only based on iteration numbers.  This corresponds to the out_dt parameter in thorn IOUtil.

This API change requires updating all I/O thorns.  I have just updated all Cactus I/O thorns; please tell me if I missed one.  However, I have not yet updated the Carpet I/O thorns.

This change also means that you need to update CactusBase/IOUtil if you update one of the I/O thorns, and that you need to update all I/O thorns if you update CactusBase/IOUtil.

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/