[Developers] HydroBase update

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Dec 7 08:22:39 CST 2009

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 08:48:38PM -0600, Erik Schnetter wrote:
> The main reason for this is to document in the parameter file which
> variables are going to be initialised.

We could initialize every variable which has storage to some default
value before the initial data thorns are scheduled.

> There should be some kind of mechanism to ensure that all evolved
> variables are initialised.

We can do that unconditionally at initial time. Doing this during an
evolution (when the evolved variables might change) would be more
complicated.

After my last email another case for initial data came to my mind: there
are some initial data in Whisky which already have their own
initial_data parameter (Whisky_Init_Data) and use both this and
ADMBase::initial_data (usually left at its default of Minkowski).

Please go ahead and introduce the new parameter, with the default being
vacuum. I will then make the necessary changes to Whisky and the CIGR
code.

Frank