[Developers] HydroBase update

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Dec 7 09:49:30 CST 2009

On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 09:32:45AM -0600, Allen Gabrielle wrote:
> Just wonder about the parameter name, does vacuum imply anything outside the domain of the hydro variables (that is, could there be anything non-vacuum that is not coordinated by HydroBase).

"vacuum" would only mean "without matter", if taken literally, this
would not exclude all types of radiation (e.g. not electro-magnetic
fields).

In search for a better name: could there be variables in HydroBase which
are not zero when there is "nothing there"? If not, we could call the
default "zero" and do exactly what it says: set all variables to 0.

Frank