[Developers] print process ID in the Cactus banner

Thomas Radke tradke at aei.mpg.de
Fri Feb 13 04:37:52 CST 2009

Jian Tao wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> This reminds me some ideas we had long time ago about outputting
>   more environmental (both hardware and software) info in some
> parser-friendly files, which in turn can be used for documentation,
> debugging, and optimization.

Hi Jian,

sorry, I can't recall such a discussion, it must have been too long ago.

There is AEIThorns/Formaline which can collect certain metadata about a
run, and save it in a file or send it off to an external information
service. Did you have this type of functionality in mind ?

--
Cheers, Thomas.