[Developers] Add OpenMP statistics to PUGH

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Oct 23 09:10:35 CDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 08:56:56AM +0200, Ian Hinder wrote:
> In addition, we might want to think
> about adding information about which processors are being used by
> which threads.  You can get this information if you can run "top" on
> the correct machine, but sometimes this is not possible.

I am not sure that this can be done in a portable way. I am not even
sure if this can be done always, let's say on linux. Threads might not
be bound to one processor, but could migrate from one to another. This
is not always something bad. I think even mpi processes could migrate
from one processor to another during a simulation.

Frank