[Developers] multiple vartypes in RotatingSymmetry

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Fri Oct 23 11:02:20 CDT 2009

Hello all,

> (I didn't see the patch.)
Sorry about that. Bad wording I guess. I had sent the email to the
patches mailing list. I have attached the patch again to this email.

> Could the patch be applied to TAT/Slab instead?  Then it would work
> for both RotSym90 and RotSym180 at the same time.
Possibly, all it really does is sort the variable indices by type and
then pass them as bunches to Slab. One could apply this patch to Slab,
yes. The easiest way would be to demote Slab_MultiTransfer in slab.c to
something like Slab_MultiTransfer_Internal and put the patch as a
wrapper into a function Slab_MultiTransfer. It will require a temporary
arrays for as the input arrays (srctypes, srcptrs, dsttypes, dstptrs)
since they have to be modified (re-sorted) to bunch the variable types
together.

Yours,
Roland

and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from <http://keys.gnupg.net>.