[Developers] [knarf at cct.lsu.edu: Re: [Users] [Einstein Toolkit] #131: Cactus produces way too much output with SILENT!=no]

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Dec 6 14:00:22 CST 2010

Hi,

please let me point to the following ticket concerning default Cactus
behavior: https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/131

Please express your opinions, also outside of the Einstein Toolkit.

Thanks, Frank Loeffler

----- Forwarded message from Frank Loeffler <knarf at cct.lsu.edu> -----

Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 13:57:36 -0600
From: Frank Loeffler <knarf at cct.lsu.edu>
To: users at einsteintoolkit.org
Subject: Re: [Users] [Einstein Toolkit] #131: Cactus produces way too much
	output with SILENT!=no

On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 04:49:07PM -0000, Einstein Toolkit wrote:
>  Instead of coming up with a different flag
>  or a new meaning for the "SILENT" option, why not just make the new
>  behaviour the default?  I can't see any benefit in keeping the old
>  behaviour.

Is there agreement that we should abandon the current compile time
output and change to either a very condensed (SILENT!="no", new) or
a very verbose (SILENT="no", no change here) version?

Frank