[Developers] Test suite file extensions

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Jul 9 09:26:51 CDT 2010

Hi,

> On 9 Jul 2010, at 06:35, Erik Schnetter wrote:
> >The file test.ccl should live in the same directory as the other
> >ccl files, as it modifies globally visible behaviour.  This would
> >also solve your problem.

I don't think it would solve this problem, but I would not mind to
migrate test.ccl to the main thorn directory.
On the other hand, it logically belongs to only the testsuites and
does not influence anything else. I also would not mind keeping it where
it is. I cannot see a real reason to have all .ccl files in one
directory.

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 09:05:40AM +0200, Ian Hinder wrote:
> If there are files which should not be compared, the user can just
> exclude them from the files he/she copies into the testsuite
> directory.

I agree with Ian here. Either this, or a parameter is created to disable
such output.
I would rather see an option to disable the comparison of some files per
testsuite in test.ccl (e.g. using a regex) than the current mechanism.
Imagine a thorn which enables comparison of .h5 files for some valid
reason. Every other thorn relying on those files not being compared
would have a problem.

Frank