[Developers] Where can I find all possible Cactus build options?

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Jun 30 07:20:58 CDT 2011

Cactus uses autoconf (i.e. a configure script) internally. These
scripts are free to examine all environment variables, and build
options thus need no formal declaration. It is thus almost impossible
to come up with a definitive list of these options. The source code of
configure.in may be a good starting point if you find the users' guide
to be inaccurate.

Thorns can provide their own configure scripts. These scripts and the
variables they accept are declared in the thorns' configure.ccl files.
However, the corresponding configure scripts are (again) free to
examine all environment variables.

Apart from these general statements, it is of course the case that the
Cactus configuration options should be documented in the users' guide.
If you find options that are not, please correct the users' guide, or
open a ticket on TRAC.

-erik

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/